My mother’s pastor, Dr. Barbara King, author and founder/minister of Atlanta’s Hillside International Truth Center, teaches weekly courses on life skills that promote “New Thought” principles and related insight. Her Wednesday classes are so popular that they are live streamed and archived on the church’s website on a limited basis.
One of the handouts to the “truth students” by Dr. Barbara resonates with me. It is written by a wise individual who wished to remain anonymous. It reads as follows:
13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
- They don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
- They don’t give away their power.
- They don’t shy away from change.
- They don’t waste energy on things they can’t control.
- They don’t worry about pleasing everyone.
- They don’t fear taking calculated risks.
- They don’t dwell on the past.
- They don’t make the same mistakes over and over.
- They don’t resent other people’s success.
- They don’t give up after the first failure.
- They don’t fear alone time.
- They don’t feel the world owes them anything.
- They don’t expect immediate results. — Anonymous
Thank you for the reminder, Mom.
In the accompanying photo, I am holding one of Hillside’s non-denominational monthly publications with daily, positive thoughts. I love Hillside for what it has brought out of me to aid me in navigating this great life.