FAMU SJGC is delighted with this partnership that benefits HBCUs, all students interested in new media, national and worldwide audiences, and the greater Tallahassee economy.
The Florida A&M University School of Journalism & Graphic Communication recently hosted a “Community Conversation” to update Tallahassee leaders, students and faculty on the progress of the debut of the nation’s first 24-hour news network targeted to African American viewers. See enclosed for the update:
Community Conversation update
The mission of Black Television News Channel network is to produce intelligent programming that is informative, educational, entertaining, inspiring, and empowering for distribution to the network’s African American audience.
BTNC GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Recruit and train aspiring black journalists.
- Give voice to an under-served community.
- Build bridges to connect the nation’s many diverse cultures.
- Facilitate a national conversation about the many challenges facing our urban communities.
- Engage Black viewers in our nation’s social, economic and political debates.
- Create a platform for Black news-makers to reach their constituents.
- Showcase African American achievers creating positive role models for black youth.
- Produce and…
View original post 503 more words